siemens logo tologo communication

ravencalibra

Hi all,
i have some project todo.
I have location A from where a need to send 4 analog mA values and 8 digital 1/0 values to location B. And from location B to A 4 digital values.
I think that good idea is to use siemens logo but problem is that i need 2 logos to comunicate wireless (about 300-400m distance).
do you have idea what i need of equipement and how to realise this...

hope you understand,and thank you.

Last edited:
it is almost impossible to run any cables between logos....
maybe i have 2-3 0,75mm2 copper wires between 2 logos but they are in flooded area and have problem of frequent lighting dischargs....

Fibreoptic can be purchased as water proof.
Fibreoptic can be purchased which does not conduct electricity.
This is typical for building to building data comms.
You can get a directional WiFi transceiver pair instead, if you deem this is safe enough for your application.

can you send me link of some transciver(ebay or something) wich can work with logo please?

Odds are the communications equipment is going to cost far more than the logos, FYI.

I think the newer logos support at least one of Put/Get comms over S7 connections, and Open TCP sending.

Any wireless devices compatible with Ethernet should work for you. If you're already talking to Siemens, they have a few different wireless solutions that might work for you.

thank you for replay`s.
So i can connect directly to logo`s ethernet interface this AP?
Make network connection of 2 AP`s and connect them directly to LOGO` ethernet?

My father in law has one of those to pass on the Wi-Fi from his house to a flat that nears the wall of his property, it's not 300 meters and out of the box the devices wouldn't reach it reliably.
We managed to bypass this by going into the settings and defining the country to US (where the radio regulations apparently are more relaxed) and that increased the power. Though I'm not sure if he can get 300 meters out of it though.

Do your logos have any logic in them? Or is this a data collection system? At work we use this type of radio to send over data wirelessly for display only.

http://www.churchill-controls.co.uk/all-products/telemetry-products/mega_link/
They work quite well and can be used with Modbus to communicate with an HMI.

The guys that integrate them are to come back to me with another wireless solution with higher bandwidth, so there is something already in the market.

Stupid question, are there any phone lines on both locations?