Ethernet Communications with Wago 750-841

smithdmn

Good day all - I need some help with a project that uses a Wago 750-841 as a PLC to control digital I/O and also runs some PID loops with a PC acting as a supervisor/setpoint generator. I can hande the PLC side of the code but I need some assistance with the ethernet communications between the PC and the 750-841. Our current plan is to implement a command/response type of interface between the PC and 750-841 so I need to know more about how to do that. If anyone can provide some insight please respond.

I can help you.
You can do that with OPC servers or
with any Scada program with modbus tcp
drivers.
You must map yours variabels in PLC
code with AT %MWx for word and %MDx
for real.
The range is 24kbyte.

Moin all,
don't know how you program your PC. If you use C/C++ or Basic you could open a TCP socket and send/receive MODBUS/TCP datagrams. Works fine, is faster and less CPU load.