Ethernet/IP Control of SMC Flex Soft Starter

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Everyone,
Looking for a "Sanity Check" on my programming for Starting and Stopping a pump connected to a SMC-3 Flex Soft Starter via Ethernet/IP. I have never used EIP with a Flex before so I want to make sure I am on the right track.

I am basically using the same logic that I use with a Powerflex VFD. I set the Start Bit until the Running Bit is true. Then I set the Stop Bit until the Stopping Bit is true. I have 2 diffrent devices that can request the pump to run so I have the Start Request's OR'd together and the Stop Request AND'd together.

Give me your thoughts on this.
Thanks!!

SMC Pump Start_Stop.jpg

SMC-3 is one version of a Rockwell soft starter, SMC-Flex is a different version. There is no SMC-3 Flex...

Given that the SMC-3 is not digital and cannot therefore have an Ethernet interface, I suspect you have an SMC-Flex. If that's the case, I see nothing wrong with your logic, but I can't really read it all that well.

Yes it is a SMC-Flex. I must have looked at the Spec Sheet from the vendor wrong to get the SMC-3. The 3 is the position of the soft starter.

How can I get the Snip to post with a better resolution? It is hard to read this way.

How can I get the Snip to post with a better resolution? It is hard to read this way.
Narrow your ladder view just to the point before it rung-wraps. Screen shot just the ladder window. Use paint.net (www.getpaint.net) if necessary to crop, resize save with compression to met forum requirements. Mainly the first thing though, narrow your ladder view window as much as possible.