FILETIME Conversion

bone

Looking for any help whatsoever concerning the 2 32 bit words that make up the FILETIME variable in the ControlLogix. Is there any 'neat' method of converting the 64 bit large integer into a more manageable array of DINTS [or SINTS or ......]? I'm trying to display file creation/update status of a compact flash card on my VVCE display terminal. Is my best bet to write an embedded c++ activex control to do this? Or is there something slicker that I may be overlooking? Thanks in advance.

Moin bone,

maybe they used the Microsoft FILETIME definition.

<snip MS>
The FILETIME structure is a 64-bit value representing the number of 100-nanosecond intervals since January 1, 1601.
</snip>

Don't know if this helps.

Regards
Friedrich Haase

bump.

I would like to know this too. Once it's in a usable format, such a system stat would be useful in determining "time since XX happened" etc...

==
edit: oops, I am thinking of the CurrentValue-DINT[2] attribute of the WALLCLOCKTIME object. Which is defined as follows:

Current value of the wall clock time. DINT[0] contains the lower 32 bits of the value; DINT[1] contains the upper 32 bits of the value. The value is in microseconds and is referenced from 0000 hours, January 1, 1972

Last edited: