Latched relay?

Norman

I want to turn on and off an output with one button,my minds blanked at the moment
I want to press the button to turn on and then pres the same button again to turn off.

Anyone help please.
Norman

I have seen several ways of doing this depending which PLC platform you are using but I think that the easiest way to do this is by using a simple Count up counter. Have the count increment by one each time you press the P.B. and then compare the current value of the counter, when the value is equal to 1 turn on a coil. You will need to reset the counter and you will also need a one shot to avoid the counter incrementing every PLC scan.

Feel free to e-mail me and I can forward you an example

Best regards,

Don

If its Mitsubishi code, try this.

X0-------------------------[ ALTP M0 ]
M0--------------------------( Y0 )
---------------------------[ END ]

Regards Lightning

I came across this once. It actually works (at least in Controllogix), and is used several different places in the program.

Notice that 2 of the one-shots have the same address.

one_rung.gif

Nahh.... There are number of ways to do it but I've decided
to stay with one shot and XOR block. It's simple one line logic
and toggled bit stays on powerup so it can be used for
machine configuration.
I've found the hard way that XOR logic with contacts as posted
by Friedrich can bite back...
Just toggle darn bit(s) as selected with mask and forget it.

Last edited:
I agree, I have my own preferred way to do it and I'll stick with it. I think I've seen at least 10 different ways to do it, and each takes a few minutes to figure out what the heck is going on.

I guess there's something that won't let me address 2 one shot's with the same address and keep a clear conscience.

Last edited:
How about Low Tech?

How about a real Low Teck Solution

"I want to turn on and off an output with one button,my minds blanked at the moment
I want to press the button to turn on and then pres the same button again to turn off."

Use a Maintained Switch

Allan,

Use a Maintained Switch

That probably would work for someone other than a PLC programmer.

A person could just as easily buy an Omron temperature controller & have it turn a contactor on & off - but where's the fun in that? The same result can be achieved with analog inputs, 12 hours & 45 lines of propriatary code.

This is PLCs.net after all

Last edited: