Hitech PWS 3120

I have just been given a "project".....to rewrite the app on an old Hitech pws3120 HMI

I have downloaded the software ADP v3.2 which seems to be the right one...ADP v6 doesnt list the screen

I have written the program, compiled it, simulated it offline and connected my pc to the plc and simulated online.........All OK

Now I must be missing something, because for the life of me I CANNOT download the program to the HMI.

I have uploaded the old program to the pc so the cable must be ok. I have never come across anything so seemingly easy yet so difficult to do.

The compiled file is stored as (name).v3f yet the downloaded program is stored as (name).ap1 and (name).ap2 with no explanation of how to get from one to the other

The manual is a bit vague and just mentions that it should be compiled and then uploaded.....I WISH

A look through the manual also brought up this gem..... ADP will upload the application from HMI to PC and save it as a "*. AP1" or “ *.AP2” file . ADP cannot open or edit files of these types.

So it seems that you cannot edit an existing file !!!

All my attempts at googling have brought me to the conclusion that it is either a closely guarded secret or that no-one really knows how to do it !!!

I hope that someone on here has the knowledge that would help me.......(please)

Dave

Hi
I have some answer for this historically problem.
*.AP1 and AP2 are only for backup aren't source.
And if you haven't source file is it poor.
All create new.
I have ADP3 v2,53 and there is model PWS3000/3100.
And compile and download are all ok.
And test upload/download backup file ap1 is ok.

It is TP for dinosaurus or some applicate like our parsed rewinder :-DD

Testing in XPMode in Win7(64b)
Excuse me my English
CIRCA

Last edited: