Logix 500 Help

bbishop108

So I have some programming experience with using the FSC instruction in Logix 5000, and it works well for my application. I noticed that there is not an FSC instruction available in the Logix 500 platform (Micrologix 1100), as such my question is does the SQC instruction work at all like the FSC in Logix 5K?

My intended goal with using the SQC (as this is what I am doing with the FSC instruction in Logix 5K) is to search through the available part numbers. If the pn exists then its settings are loaded, if it is not available then it would require manual entry and would store the new part data into the next available spot in the part number data file. Thanks

Why not build your own File Search. Of course, since your using SLC 500 your file size is limited to 255 per file. So it would take at least that many scans to complete the search. So you could be looking at a second or more depending on your scan cycle and File Size.

I would use an ADD instruction with a N.C. bit (.FD) to increment once per scan. Use the count value of the Add instruction as an indirect address of your lookup File and when Lookup = File[indirect address] then set .FD bit. The Count Value should then show position just like the FSC. Then reset Found after task is complete and reset count to zero. If Add instruction count = 255 then Done and Lookup Value not found. You should also use a LIM instruction in front of the ADD to keep the values between 0-255.