Profibus connector

Werner

I have a machine which is removable so I need to use connector for the main power, profibus and 24VDC line. I found a cable from Siemens that combines a 4 core and a profibus cable. (So I can combine the 24VDC and profibus, main power in separate cable)

Simatic net ecofast, hybrid cable 6XV1 830-7AH10

Now I need a connector for that system but I can't find a good one.

What kind of connectors are you guys using? (I am looking for a small connector and not a huge one)

Hi,

We use the Siemens Ecofast system with the hybrid PROFIBUS cable.

We specify Siemens own connection components but both they and the tooling are actually Harting 'Han-Brid' components...

***edit***
Harting Han-Brid Catalog

Last edited:
Is anyone aware of any degredation of the link when taking the connection through a Harting? Is a special type of Han module required for data comms? Previously only done hardwired electrical via Harting but need to do Profibus.

We run at 1.5mbps

Yes, there will be a slight degradation through every connector.
But a few connectors should not be critical, even at 1.5M. At 12M Profibus is much more unforgiving.