Siemens S7-300 series PLC to PC communication

Mahesh

I am planning to use Siemens S7 300 seris PLC for one of my project. In my scheme I have planned to use PC as a user interface & I am working on VB to develop user interface on PC, it includes complex mathematics, data handling & event history generation/ storage etc in real time. Can any one guide me on, what would be the best & easy way to communicate with PLC through PC on serial link.

My data throughput from PC to PLC would be about 50 words per about 0.3 sec. I have selected CPU 314-2DP.

Thanks
Mahesh

Similar Topics

Hi We had a faulty DO card giving SF error in our Siemens PLC setup model 326-2BF01-0AB0 and we replaced this 326-2BF41-0AB0 I/O card. We updated...
Replies
Views
Hi What stage of its life cycle, S7-300/400 controllers are at now? In my existing unit, we are using these controller and in near futher there is...
Replies
Views
Hi Quick question. Is there 4mA at the output on the analog card when it is configured in the HW and the card has 24VDC? Or does the output have...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I've searched a lot to find the S7 PLC operating system but I couldn't find anything. Can anybody help me on this? and any helpful...
Replies
Views
WHY THE PID(PROPORTIONAL,INTEGRAL AND DERIVATIVE) HAS SAME GAIN VALUE IN SIEMENS 300 SERIES.HOW CAN I INSERT DIFFERENT GAIN VALUE,i.e different...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom