TI525-1102 CPU dropping out of run mode

inddyn

Hi everyone

In the last month I have been called out to a factory to restart two different PLCs (TI525-1102) on two different machines.

Both refused to go into run mode when the power was cycled.

It was necessary to startup TISoft and manually set them to run.

Has anyone ever seen this behaviour and can you suggest a reason and/or remedy?

Regards

Glenn

TI525

Hi Inddyn.

When next error accour, and before you start the plc's
(from tisoft), run LOGERR.EXE.
You find the file together with tisoft's files. This program now generate a log file. Mail this to Siemens/Ti.
They will now tell you what problems you having.

;)

Almost invariably when I find a plc that is not in run mode you have a power problem of some sort. Either you are getting spiking on the power line or excessive brownouts. Ususally it is spiking and can be solved by using a good quality TVSS (Transient Voltage Surge Supressor) unit on the incoming power.