Siemens CU320-2PN Line Module Control

DamianInRochester

Lifetime Supporting Member
A have a 12 axis S120 system where I have 6 axis on one CU and 6 on another. They all share the same Basic line module. The first CU though is controlling the ON/OFF of the line module. When in Driver Starter inside the control panel I can test the motors just fine for the first six axis, however when I try run the axis on the 2nd CU controller the Basic Line module will not enable and I get the fault "Switch-on disable active (ISCOA:30020), The switch-on diable of the drive is active!"

Anyone know how I can port the line module enable from the second CU to the first CU so that the line module comes on when trying to test the motors on the 2nd CU?

How is the line module going to be switched on when not using the control panel - you could use that method. Alternatives are to wire a temporary switch to a CU input and use that to control the line module, or connect the line input start to an internal signal that is always on (if you have an E-stop that can disable the line module if you need to turn it off quickly).

How is the line module going to be switched on when not using the control panel - you could use that method. Alternatives are to wire a temporary switch to a CU input and use that to control the line module, or connect the line input start to an internal signal that is always on (if you have an E-stop that can disable the line module if you need to turn it off quickly).

There ended up being a drop down box on the pop up that shows when you take control in control panel. I overlooked it, but there it allows you to take control of the line module signal.

For the line module on the cu320-2- yes
But to enable the motor modules (for your test) with the other cu you won't see the line module icon bold (since only 1 line module can be on a cu)
So you must do something with p864 in the motor modules

Hopefully this make sense
Anyway- sounds like you got it working

Last edited:
For the line module on the cu320-2- yes
But to enable the motor modules (for your test) with the other cu you won't see the line module icon bold (since only 1 line module can be on a cu)
So you must do something with p864 in the motor modules

Hopefully this make sense
Anyway- sounds like you got it working

JRW - Yes, I have an output from one CU320 to an input on the other CU320 to pass the status for p864. I am able to take control now no matter what axis or CU I am using.

My main problem now is two of my servo axis are not working. My last three axis are three identical servo motors (Axis 10, 11, and 12). They all have exactly the same parameters and identical setups, wiring, cables. They are all uncoupled.

Axis 12 works fine and gives me no errors.

Axis 11 keeps giving me a
Fault code 7900
"Drive: Motor blocked/speed controller at its limit"

Axis 10 gives me
Fault code 7410
"Drive: Current controller output limited"

Neither of the errors seem to make sense.

Are these drive cliq motors?
This will answer my encoder questions.... Wiring...smc module...

Last edited:
Are these drive cliq motors?
This will answer my encoder questions.... Wiring...smc module...

They are. The drives read the motors up automatically.

They are all
1FK7042-2AK71-1RA0 Motor

6FX5002-2DC10-1AF0 Feedback Cable

6FX5002-5CN01-1AF0 Power Cable

The drives are:

6SL3120-2TE15-0AA4

The line module is
6SL3130-1TE24-0AA0

The Controler is
6SL3040-1MA01-0AA0

I also double checked to make sure that the feedback cable and power cable between the two did not get swapped.

In control panel I am commanding very slow, short moves with very slow accels. When I take control the enable seems fine. It is just when I hit the Start button in control panel that the fault occurs.

I generally see this when U V W are not wired correctly
or brake circuit incorrect

Last question-
Does it run in speed control? (n control)
from the control panel? sounds like your doing position moves?

I generally see this when U V W are not wired correctly
or brake circuit incorrect

I have the luxury of this being the first of two systems. So I have extra sets of cables to dry. Replacing the cable on this axis fixed the problem on Axis 11. Now I just have the stubborn fault on Axis 10.

Last question-
Does it run in speed control? (n control)
from the control panel? sounds like your doing position moves?

Ok, So i tried this on Axis 10 and as soon as I hit the green power on button a pop up gives me "The switch-on disable of the drive is active!"

When I click close and look at the faults I am still getting the 7410 Drive: Current controller output limited.

I have replaced the power cable and the servo motor on this axis with brand new sealed parts and still have the same issue.

Only thing left I can think of to try is to set the drive to default or replace the motor module all together.

If you spin by hand
You see a value in r61?

No
You have to default entire unit
But you can export parameters

Keep it simple
Default drive
Do a automatic configuration
Set p864
Enable infeed
Run axis in speed mode

Last edited: