can i produce sound using IFIX alarm event ??

atifplus

I dont see any option in database manager
all i see how i could show those in alarm summary ??

:) also would be great if i could configure the type of beep i get

plz post if u knwo the answer

Thanks

Atif

oh okay if there is a alarm sound manager where is it

and why i can't see it do we have to buy license for that or what??
or is it in the installition :S

The simple method, to me, is to use output(s) for alarms. You can either use different outputs that drive different alarm horns OR you can setup a single output to make different signals i.e. 3 short burts, or 3 long bursts, or ??? It is also possibe to use an analog output to make WAWA sounds or any type of oscillating sound.

Usually SCADA or HMI just provide information telling what an alarm is for, the actual action is developed in the PLC.

Usually there is a section allocated for Alarms but I have no idea about Ifix, someone may be able to assist with that.

BTW: I have developed some fairly simple programs that the alarm section took an equal if not greater amount of memory.

Last edited:
I have not used IFIX but in FIX32 you have this:

sound.jpg

haha Ron i have an output already that is driven by PLC for that alarm. I have a strobe light with alarm hooked up. But now i want to do it on IFIX so supervisor and operators can also notice it and could direct people to take whatever action need to be taken..

I was reading it somewhere last nite that u could use different wave files. oh man that would be super cool. to tell people what exactly the alarm is .. like "EVAC EVAC" :p haha jkjk..

but ya forgot to bookmark that site last nite :( if anyone knowz about that trick i would like to knwo so plz post and share ur knowledge :).. lol maybe the horn manager have this option i will go dig in to find the cool features:)

Thanks again guys

I used specterinstruments.com to dial plant page for Chlorine alarms. I created wav files to say whatever I wanted to say. This was for FIX not iFIX. Though, I believe it would still work.

George

Awesome :)
There are lots of text reader available for voice selection. I enabled the horn support and all i could hear is 3 different beeping sounds according to the priority.
I dont see the Horn Support manager or any option to go to that application where i could make changes to sound selection of wave file.

Screen shots would be really helpful like the one Mickey put up.

Maybe it is not for IFIX .. coz if that is the case there will be lots of alarms and person will go crazy coz of all those beeping ..

IFIX is a cool software lots of new tricks and stuff and VBA support make it so powerful.

atifplus,
Again this FIX32 ( as I dont't have IFIX) the below command script plays a wav file. I knew a co-worker who programmed it to play the "Star Trek" theme when a new alarm occurred.

PLATSOUNDCommandScript.jpg

waaah mission control seems like this is the way to set

soundifixwj6.jpg

But I am getting this message on one of the tab

soundifixux3.jpg

auto alarm manager thats what i been trying to seach.. seems like an additional feature we have to buy

oh i found this ODBS alarm config. application in dynamic folder.. this could be the one still not sure :)

some new stuff for monday :)
soundifixql3.jpg

atifplus said:
huummm... still can't see that ALARM manager IFIX is talkin about

http://www.gefanuc.com/Downloads/en/auto_alarm_manager_productivity_pack_gfa797.pdf

You download this from the global care website,developer downloads section
http://support.gefanuc.com/support/search/ui.jsp

I'm not at work so can't give you any screenshots, but if you're using an alarm block you can assign a tag to be triggered when an alarm is activated, use this tag on each alarm. Then use it in schedular to activate a script that will play yor wav file.
Hope this helps