how to write a program for Siemens S7 300 touch-screen

ersinist

Hi everyone,

For my diploma project I have to create a menu on a touch-screen. Could you tell me how I can write a program for touch-screen of Siemens S7 300? I heard that Flash is used for the interface but I don't know the details. And I want to know if I can simulate this program using PLCSIM simulator in Simatic Manager.

All helps are welcome, thanks in advance.

Well, you're going to have to get some details...

There is (to the best of my knowledge) no "native" S7-300 touch screen. BUT there are many, many different possible touch screens that will work with the S7-300. How you program them will depend on which one you are using. I'm not aware of any commercial products that use flash, but there may be.

So, if you want a good answer, you're going to have to give us some more information.

And, since it's homework, you could go ask your instructor. Surely you've covered this type of information since it's in class. They don't usually leave you hanging without either providing the information directly or indirectly leaving you a path to the information....

hmm.. actually this is just a part of my project. And this is my final year project, anyway... I couldn't find the instructors last week, when I find them I will ask.

thanks

Adobe Flash is not used in any of the HMI panels that I know of, and not in any of the PC based HMIs that I know of. I doubt there is any HMI software that uses Flash.

ersinist said:
And I want to know if I can simulate this program using PLCSIM simulator in Simatic Manager.
With Siemens Protool or WinCC Flexible you can connect to PLCSIM.

We are using MP270's and are currently using Protool but will be moving to Wincc soon. They may be referring to the OS which is Windows CE or the fact that there is a compact flash port on the panel.

Robert

I heard that Flash is used for the interface but I don't know the details.
A little vague on what is meant with "Flash" and "interface". It could be a Compact Flash card in a CF slot ("interface" if you will).
Or it could be Adobe Flash animation.

If he means the 1st, then indeed for OP270 there is a CF slot where you could install an ethernet CF card to put the panel on ethernet. BUT, today it is near impossible to locate an NE2000 compatible CF card. So it is not really an option any longer.

If he means the 2nd, then you could propably install a Flash animation OCX on the panel. BUT the graphics capabilities of the panels are so little that the end result will be horrible.

JesperMP said:
A little vague on what is meant with "Flash" and "interface". It could be a Compact Flash card in a CF slot ("interface" if you will).
Or it could be Adobe Flash animation.

If he means the 1st, then indeed for OP270 there is a CF slot where you could install an ethernet CF card to put the panel on ethernet. BUT, today it is near impossible to locate an NE2000 compatible CF card. So it is not really an option any longer.

If he means the 2nd, then you could propably install a Flash animation OCX on the panel. BUT the graphics capabilities of the panels are so little that the end result will be horrible.

That panel has a resident ethernet port.

Robert

R Stone said:
That panel has a resident ethernet port.
OP270 no. OP277 yes.

edit: The reference to "flash interface" made me think that he possibly was referring to CF ethernet card that you coould insert in an OP270 with a CF slot.
The newer panels have MMC slots in stead.

Last edited:
JesperMP said:
OP270 no. OP277 yes.

Ooooops.. Sorry, I was thinking the MP series. You are absolutely correct.

Robert

PS. I wish someone could tell me how I can do something with the resident ethernet port on my MP270. Guess I need to start a new thread instead of jacking this one.

R Stone said:
PS. I wish someone could tell me how I can do something with the resident ethernet port on my MP270.
Well, they are great for backup/restore and not for anything else. It should be possible to insert a CF ethernet card. But the downer is that all the manufacturers of the NE2000 compatible CF cards have stopped the production already.
D**n, I should read before I write. I didnt notice you wrote ethernet port and not CF slot.

There are lots of things you can do.
Some suggestions:
Downloading via ethernet (recommended).
Datalogging to a network drive or an ODBC database
Remote control via the sm@rtaccess and/or sm@rtservice options.
And of course, connecting to the PLC via ethernet.

Last edited:
JesperMP said:
Well, they are great for backup/restore and not for anything else. It should be possible to insert a CF ethernet card. But the downer is that all the manufacturers of the NE2000 compatible CF cards have stopped the production already.
D**n, I should read before I write. I didnt notice you wrote ethernet port and not CF slot.

There are lots of things you can do.
Some suggestions:
Downloading via ethernet (recommended).
Datalogging to a network drive or an ODBC database
Remote control via the sm@rtaccess and/or sm@rtservice options.
And of course, connecting to the PLC via ethernet.

What I would be happy with is being able to display my HMI on our plant network. I have a port inside the panel. They should have put some sort of web server in these things.

Robert

You should look into the sm@rtservice option. Your MP panel should be perfect for this.
It makes the panel act as a webserver that you can access from LAN or WWW.
Notice that when you do use the webserver access, you actually take over the panel from the remote location. The web server does not work transparant.