Modicon PL7Pro Programming Cable

rslimjoco

Schneider website recommends minimum Unitelway Version V1.0/IE04 for the serial programming cable TSXPCX1031 to work on Win98/2000/XP. Does this hold true even with older PL7Pro versions, e.g. V3.0?

Would the TSXPCX1031 cable work with PL7ProV3.0 running on Win98/2000/XP as long as the Unitelway driver is updated? Version 1.6/IE17 is readily available for downloading.

Would the latest Unitelway driver work with PL7ProV3.0 running on either Win98 or XP?

With regards to the PLC CPU firmware version, is there a minimum TSX57 CPU firmware version that would work with the TSXPCX1031 cable?

If older PL7Pro software and/or TSX57 firmware doesn't work with the new TSXPCX1031 cable, is the older TSXPCU1030 cable still available for use with PL7ProV3.0?

The cable works with the Uni-Telway driver not the programming software. You should have no problem with earlier versions of PL7 as long as you upgrade the driver.

Hi Jim,

The new cable TSXPCX1031 has arrived and I have downloaded the latest Unitelway driver. Schneider technical support eventualy confirmed your post that the cable is driver dependent and not software.

PL7ProV3.0 needs to run on Win98 though and not on XP. I have already installed the new driver but the driver installation didn't detect the old driver and therefore didn't ask to replace it.

Two new drivers are now installed and the old one still runs during startup via the config.sys. I tried doing a partial uninstall for PL7Pro (Comm drivers only) but whenever I restart the PC, PL7 doesn't load and is looking for a certain .dll (i'm assuming this is because of the uninstalled old driver).

The Schneider website does not have a Unitelway upgrade instruction and I can't seem to find commands in the new driver manager to sort of make the new driver active.

Hope you could help

Thanks

Drivers

The PL7 drivers can be installed/upgraded using the XWAY Driver Manager. You should be able to find this program in the Modicon Telemecanique folder created when you installed the PL7 software.