Any display with Siemens S7 200??

Preeya

Hi everyone,

I am using a S7 200 PLC for a dosing application. As such I only need two parameters entered to the PLC on a continuos basis. The parameters are dose delay time and dose duration time in ms.

At present I use a TP 070 touch panel where the operator enters this time. Does anyone know any cheaper display other than the touch panel TP 070 for Siemens S7 200 that I can use?? Is there any third party devices I can use that can communicate with S7 200?

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply! I will look at TD 200. Do you know if user entry of values is possible in that? As I said I only need 2 parameters to be entered and displayed.

Siemens OP3 is approx 400 USD.
There is a starter kit with an OP3 + Protool lite for approx 800 USD.

edit: TD200 is approx 250 USD. Dont know how much for the configuration software.

As S7-200 uses the relatively simple PPI protocol with no particular hardware required, there must be a lot of 3rd party HMI displays.
Try to google with "HMI PPI", "Touch screen PPI", "Touch panel S7-200" etc.

Last edited:
Preeya
You can enter variables with it, but you've only got up, down, left, right arrows so it can be a bit of a pain.
The TD200 assigns which address you use based on what 'message' is being displayed.
TD200 wizard in MicroWin is pretty good.
pp

Hey tarok.seal,

I guess you're just trying to be helpful but I can't see the point in posting responses to 2+ year old threads..you've done it a few times now..

....or am I just grumpy this morning?