Logicmaster 90

Benyamin

Dear Friend,
I failed to go online from Logicmaster 90 on my laptop to GE Fanuc Series 90-30, I couldn't even access to the PLC. The software and cable had been used by former technician (assuming they are good) and PLC is still working fine right now.
I would like to have a step by step on how to get Online from Logicmaster 90 to GE Fanuc Series 90-30 PLC.
The Serial Programming cable is: HE693SNP306AX- RS232(9PINS) TO RS486 (15PINS) SNP ADAPTER.
Somebody out there could help me please.

Thank you,
Benyamin

The first suspect is your laptop. Is that the very same one (OS and all) used by the last tech?

Keep in mind that this is a bit of black art dealing with very old PLC. I went through the same ordeal before, see the link below:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=114176

I was finally able to go online with a copy of Proficy ME even though I lost the activation info it had a trial period to allow me to peek at the program. With LogicMaster, you really need a "real DOS machine".

Are you using a USB/serial adapter? Make sure it is assigned to the same COM port as Logicmaster.
I have never had good luck using a USB/serial converter with Logicmaster. I can usually establish a connection, but I have trouble maintaining it for long enough to transfer the program from the PLC to the PC (or the other direction). So, if at all possible, I suggest running Logicmaster on a PC with a real serial port and as old an operating system as possible.

Dear Harryting and Steve Bailey,
I appreciate to your both response pertinent my case.
All right, if that is the case, I will try with VersaPro Standard Edition since I have no Proficy ME and than get back to report the result.

Thank you.
Benyamin

Logicmaster90

Dear Harryting or anybody else
Finaly I have found Proficy ME but don't know how to go online with GE Fanuc Series 90-30.
Would you tell me how to do that? Thank you.

With PME, create a new 90-30 PLC project. Go to the hardware configuration and change the CPU model to match what you actually have. Then go online with the PLC and upload the ladder logic and hardware configuration from the PLC to the PC. To go online select the "Target" tab and then click on "Connect".

Logicmaster90

Dear Steve Bailey or anybody else,
I have followed the instructions.
But is has not went online yet
It seems there is something missing.
Even I unplug the serial cable, the connecting indicator status still moving.
This cable was used by previous tech in good condition.
Please help me.

Thank you,
Benyamin

fanuc5.jpg

Are you using a USB/serial converter on your PC? If so, what COM port is it assigned? That COM port must match the port specified in the properties for the target. To find out what COM port PME is trying to use to communicate, click on "Target1" in the navigator window and then check the "Physical Port" item in the Inspector window.
To find which COM port has been assigned to the USB/serial converter open Windows Device Manager.

Logicmaster90

Dear Steve Bailey,
I am using RS232 (9 pins) to RS485SNP (15 Pins) Adapter cable am not using USB Cable.

Thank you,
Benyamin

Frequent causes, in no specific order, of no serial communications between the computer running Proficy Machine Edition and the PLC.

Incorrect cable, but you said that your cable has been used successfully in the past.

Proficy Machine Edition is trying to communicate through a different port than the cable is connected to.

Do you also have RS Linx on the computer that has Proficy Machine Edition? You may need to manually shut down RS Linx to get it to free up the serial port.

It is also possible that someone changed the PLC's port parameter settings from the default of 19200, odd parity, 1 stop bit.

The RS232/485 converter gets its 5 VDC power from the 15-pin port on the power supply, pins 5 and 7. I've run into cases where 5 volts is not present on those pins.

Hello Steve Bailey,
I am using Proficy ME and a new serial cable and now it's working.
Thank you for your help.

Warm Regards,
Benyamin