Win911 - Export alarms for editing?

harryting

Lifetime Supporting Member
At one site we just got the latest version of Win911 for producing notification email/text. This latest version is web based and all the configuration, etc go through a web portal. We are using OPC-DA to interface with it.

The one major issue is that there doesn't seem to be way to import/export the alarms tags out to CSV for easier editing. There is only an import from OPC (tags) function which reduce the work a bit but the import is not alarms but rather "items" that alarms can be created from. I understand the backend DB for Win911 is SQL Express so I wonder if there's a way to install SQL management studio and do alarm editing directly?

I really wish I knew this before getting it. The older version (V7) had import/export I seem to remember.

Did anyone find an answer for this? I'm in a similar situation

The new version (2022) - in my opinion - just blows.
I started with this version and never had the old version but while configuring it to work I ran into many issues like you brought up. I can see so many things it can't do at all, or doesn't do well, like exporting. They have a win911 ideas page and you can see all those kinds of issues there and wonder what the hell they were thinking releasing it in this state.
Myself I use the "alarm areas" to trigger alarms so that eliminated having to go into the 911 app to modify things. I just add a specific alarm area to the iFix tag DB and it just takes care of it.

Having this thing go through Azure (forcing the use of a wildcard in the Firewall rules) will put your Itsec team on edge as well and that probably why they are guarding it so tightly. In this case cut them some slack, but they CAN get you access to the workspace app with little difficulty.
But even then there is no export.

Has anyone used the new FTViewSE Powershell scripting to send email/text alarm notification instead of something like Win911?

The alarm manager in FTViewSE lets you execute macros when an alarm occurs, so I thought I could write a macro that passed parameters like alarm tag name, alarm description, and email group to the powershell script.