How To Program Pumps

AzCtrlEng

I am new to PLC programming. I am using a ControlLogix processor with the RSLogix 5000 software. I have a station that has a water tank 0-100% full. There are six discharge pumps. I need to program the discharge pumps to come on at certain tank levels. The pumps need to rotate in the start sequence i.e.

First Start 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Next Start 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 1

Next 3, 4, 5, 6, 1, 2

etc

But also only a certain number of pumps need to run based on the tank level so lets say...

Tank Level = 20% Run only 1 pump
Tank Level = 40% Run only 2 pumps
Tank Level = 50% Run only 3 pumps
Tank Level = 60% Run only 4 pumps
Tank Level = 80% Run only 5 pumps
Tank Level = 90% Run only 6 pumps

So there is a rotation between the pumps that are needed to run. Also, each pump has to be checked to see if it is in Auto mode and if it is not then it should be skipped and not be part of the sequence.

I hope this makes sense. I have to idea how to accomplish this but I am sure it has been done before lol. I appreciate any help that can be provided.

I think most of the members on here like to see what you've got programmed first and then make comments/corrections on it as you go.

Post it up...

I am sure it has been done before
Ya think?
I am not a big fan of equal run time it usaly ends up with everything breaking down at once. just somthing to think about. maybe cycle half at the first 3 set points as a group and the others could cycle with the lessor used setpoints. giving you time between failures to maintain or replace pumps motors and seals.

I think most of the members on here like to see what you've got programmed first and then make comments/corrections on it as you go.

Post it up...

I haven't got anything programmed on this station yet. I am not sure where to begin with it or how to accomplish this.

Ya think?
I am not a big fan of equal run time it usaly ends up with everything breaking down at once. just somthing to think about. maybe cycle half at the first 3 set points as a group and the others could cycle with the lessor used setpoints. giving you time between failures to maintain or replace pumps motors and seals.

Yea I don't think equal run time is the greatest either but it is not my choice, it is a requirement.