Need Help with Unitronics PLC

michairtech

We have a Unitronics v570 that runs 3 dry rooms for wood, for months it worked without any visable issues to us. The person who programmed it has since left but has tried to help us out with it but has had no luck. The issue is if i fresh load the software and run the dry rooms i can turn them off/and on as programed but after some time 3-5 min if you try to shut down kiln 1 or 2 it will freeze it and you cant change it from auto to timer or off. So i called the person who last edited the program he logged into our pc plugged into it and from there he could activate stuff so he insisted it was a bad PLC so we ordered a new one and uploaded/downloaded the original file that worked months ago into it and well you guessed it same issue. So I have been on the phone with everyone that people have guided me to but no one has any input and now im here asking you great people that have more knowledge in this world for help and/or guidance. If i press the virtual off button the ladder changes to red in the table as soon as i let of it goes black and just dont latch. The issue first started on room 2 with the fans on and stuck so we couldn't use the plc to shut room down. after playing with it room 1 locked up and now its a continuing loop. We have reinstalled program, have replaced plc ran it without io board and results always are the same. Thanks again.

Last edited:
I've never heard of a Utronics PLC, but I have heard about Unitronics. Is that what you have?
I've never actually worked with a Unitronics PLC. My understanding is that they are a combined PLC and HMI. Your description of your problem
you cant change it from auto to timer or off
could be communications issues between the HMI and the PLC.

yes sorry about that, im a retired Computer tech that is moving into maintenance here and this is all new to me. Thanks for understanding

Zip and attach the program. I assume since you've reloaded it to new hardware, you have the programming software and required cables to connect to the PLC?

Let me know which contact or ladder rung you were monitoring that you saw go on but which didn't latch

if things are doing what they are supposed to be doing first start to see what they are being told to do. is there voltage at the input to the device that makes it run? What about at the other end of that wire? trace it all the way back to the PLC and see where the signal stops or starts being the expected signal. don't electrocute yourself.

Thank you to everyone for your awesome support. Unitronics got back with me ant there tech remoted in to our pc and they found an old alarm to a room 4 that was triggered and sence we dont have a room 4 i had no way to clear or know any faults were there. They did a great job helping us out and so did everyone who offered any support. My next thing is I Am originally a computer repair tech and am looking at the best resource to learn the PlC programing and such this site is amazing and im just asking for pointers were to start this is all new to me. Thanks again everyone.
P.S Also does anyone here do or know anyone who does freelance work in programming PLC's we need several updates and some complete rewrites.

Hi!

Thanks for the update, always nice to see someone coming back after they got stuff up and running.

There are several freelancers on this site, myself included.

Would this be related to the Unitronics PLC you referenced? It has been a while since I last worked with the Vision, but from what I remember it is pretty straight forward.

My next thing is I Am originally a computer repair tech and am looking at the best resource to learn the PlC programing

Hi! If you are looking specifically at Unitronics, there are video resources that can be helpful. This link is for VisiLogic, which is the software for the Vision (V570)family of controllers.
https://unitronicsplc.com/videos-and-tutorials-visilogic/

In addition, there is a very active support forum, specifically for Unitronics controllers:
http://forum.unitronics.com
Good luck :)