Further Info on Responses to DLR (0x47) CIP Messages

moistcat

Hi all,
I'm working on a project monitoring DLR rings using explicit messaging - (Citect SCADA ABCLX driver + 1765-L62 v20.19)

Just a few questions, (first time working with DLR and don't really have enough hardware to test currently).

The PLC is the supervisor, Precedence = 0, all the devices on the ring are ETAPs with 2-10 pumps in star topology.
Is there ever a situation that I would have to consider (for monitoring) when the PLC is not the Supervisor?
If i lose the PLC (Citect IO Device), the next tap will become supervisor, but no point in programming for this case as we wont be able to see anything?

Get Ring Participant list:
CIP Generic: Get Attribute Single
Service Code: e
Class=0x47
Instance=1
Attribute=9

This is returning an array of SINT's (10 SINT for each node found). I was wondering is there any defined order for the list? aka, it is in order found along the network out of port 1 and into port 2 ?

I wanto compare the returned MAC address's in this list to generate "Link Faulted" Graphics.

Any documents that actually give detailed information on the DLR CIP commands would be awesome, so far the following only have examples and don't really tell the whole story:
290e-at001_-en-p.pdf - ArmorStart® DLR Reference Architecture
enet-at007_-en-p.pdf - Application Technique Ethernet IP Device Level Ring

It isn't even mentioned in the EthernetNet I/P CIP Standard: Vol2_1.28 !?!:eek:

Cheers!:p

The participant list goes from the lower numbered port on the active supervisor, where Suervisor takes first record.
Please note that Get Single message is limited to 49 nodes, because of 492 bytes CIP payload limit. The alternative is to use Get Member service, however Logic does not support that service.
My recommendation is to use DLR Faceplate AOI that already does what you are trying to do.
You can build you own HMI graphics using the same AOI.

DLR faceplate is available under PCDC Network Device Library.

hi,
I tried to find sample code in Rockwell library. but not found

can you share link for same where i can download "DLR_AOI" or "AB_DLR." faceplate