Accessing IP ranges with FT View Studio ME

Good afternoon everyone.

I have an issue accessing IP ranges outside of the normal plant machinery range, but let me explain. For instance, our normal machinery IP range is 15.98.1.xxx and I have some machines running on 192.168.30.xxx. The IT administrator set up the machine VLAN where I can access the 192 addresses via RS Linx and go online with the PLCs. My issue is, when using FT View Studio ME (V12), I can not see these IP addresses, so I can not map HMI page objects to those machines. I am using a PVP 7 Performance HMI. Is there a way to make it so I can see these IP ranges in FT Linx?

can you post some pictures of how you are set up on linx? generally you can set them both the same from what I know.

are you trying to let it autopopulate the list???

you might try 192.168.30.1-255 in factorytalk linx setup if you want it to scan everything at that address.

Attached is a screen shot of RS Linx, which I am hoping is what you wanted a picture of. As you can see I created a driver for those ranges and they populate as they are connected. They are assembly machines and they get swapped out as needed. Not sure how you change the set up in FT Linx. I do let it auto populate though.

2022_05_20_15_44_40_RSLinx_Classic_Lite_RSWho_1.jpg

I looked in FT Linx and found the "Add a Device" ability. I am going to add them manually by IP address and see how that works out.

it sounds like you're trying to modify your linx browsing list while in factorytalk view??

you'll need to edit your drivers in factorytalk linx browser itself, separate of factorytalk view