rslinx wont run on server 2003

netvisor

Hi all,
I having an issue at the moment trying to get rslinks oem running on a windows server 2003 machine.The install all went fine no errors but the application just wont run.The only way I can get linx to run is by changing rslinkx.exe to run in windows 95 compatibility mode which it runs fine but it wont run as a service, if I start the service manually in the windows service manager it says its running, but doesnt bring up the icon in the systray and if I go to the rslinks service config utility it says the service isnt running.If I try starting it either as a service or just as links from the config utility it wont start as either unless I change it to win 95 compatibility mode and in that case it will ony run as a normal application and not as a service.I really need this to run as a service as its going to be an API node for a pi installation.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Having just been through an abortive attempt to migrate an RSView server to Windows 2003 Server I would recommend that you check Rockwell's compatibility matrix for the version of Linx you are using. I think that you will need at least 2.43. We managed to get 2.42 to work but failed miserably with RSView32 6.5 and Active display so we went back to Windows 2000 Server.

AHH the solution

Well after two days of frustration our IT guys finally found the problem.As this was a server in our server room we where using remote desktop to set it up.Rslinks doesnt like remote desktop at all, we changed over to pc-anywhere and problem solved, all fuctions as it should, keep this one in mind next time you need to do something remotely!!!!!!!!!