dh+ ethernet coms

netvisor

Hi all,
Our network has a micrologix 1200 conected by a 1761-net-eni to ethernet, also on this same ethernet network lives a control logix processor which also has a dh+ network attached to it attached to this dh+ network is several plc5 processors. I need to message from the plc5 processor that lives on the DH+ network to the micrologix 1200 that lives on the ethernet network.Ideally I would like the 1200 to initiate a read from the plc5.Is this possible? if so any ideas on how I might do it? Also bear in mind the plc5 is an old revision and doesn't support multihop comms.Any help would be appreciated.
Tom

We have almost the exact same setup on some of the machines where I work. If you're using RSLinx, you should be able to set up an ethernet driver to the micrologix and the contrologix. I know there is a way to create a direct communications path between the PLC on the DH+ and the micologix on the ethernet, but I've never tried it myself. It is covered in Rockwell publication ABT-1756-TSJ50 under the section called "Creating and Entering a Numeric Communications Path".

If you don't mind using the contrologix as a "pass-through", once you've got the ethernet driver set up you can just have the contrologix read from the PLC, and then have the micrologix read from the contrologix.

I'm admittedly a little wet behind the ears yet, so if anything I just said was dead wrong, somebody please correct me, but I'm pretty sure either of those ideas will work if set up properly.