RS500 activation

chrisman

I just got rslogix500 for 20 bucks but it does not come with the activation disk, is there any way to get it working or do you think rockwell will be able to send me one?-----hopfully someone has a way to give it to me that would help too,
thanks
chris

If you are not the owner of the software (to whom it is licensed) you won't get anywhere with Rockwell. Whoever you purchased the CD from would have to notify Rockwell that you are the new owner of the software. In the past I have seen this done with a fax from the owner on company letterhead. You will also need to get the activation disk from them, otherwise they would have two activation disks out and only sold one package, so don't expect to have Rockwell send you one. I don't see any value of just buying the CD unless it was a newer release than a package you already had, which is not the case if you don't have an activation disk. You would be better served in buying a full package on Ebay or the lite version Rockwell sells. Good luck

not worth it

Unless you already had an older version of rs logix its not worth purchasing a version w/out the activation as mday says you probably wont have any luckwith ab as you would need to be in support any way and that will cost close to the cost of the licence

Last edited:
I'd burn you some 20 CDs for $20 each (no activation of course...)
Let's see, 20x$20=$400 (sweeeet...),
4min per CD x 20 = 80 min or about 1.5 hours

not bad at all :D :D :D

Yeah Chris, sounds like you got ripped off by that guy on Ebay... :(

Burning that $20 bill would have at least given you some light and heat. That's more than what you have now... banghead

Be sure to leave appropriate feedback so others don't fall for his 'game'... :nodi:

beerchug

-Eric

It is definitly not a burned cd, looks live ver 5.0 original cd, I may have a few tricks to activate it when it arrives if ab is no help.
thanks
chris :cool:

I think there was a "free" RSLogix that works with only the smallest Micrologix'es. Maybe you got one of these (which dont need activation). In that case, your 20$ saved you from downloading it yourself ;)

Otherwise, you have been burned by the guy who sold it to you. Of course he has a working RSLogix by himself, as he kept the important thing ... the master floppy.
Maybe he has just sold you a CD from an old version, and kept the latest version CD to himself :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well so far I have got a phone number to reach ab and they gave me a form to complete and send in. Looks like they might be able to help but i have also may have found a "way" to activatte it if needed when it arrives, I will keep yas informed.
chris

Jesper is exactly right

This happens all the time on eBay, Chris. Many users will sell the one-version-old CD's, with the disclaimer "does not include activation", which snares folks like yourself who do not understand the Logix licensing system.

The form that RA sends out is meant for original purchasers to transfer their license rights to a second party. It's unlikely that the seller of that $20 CD will transfer his $1000 license rights to you.

chrisman said:
It is definitly not a burned cd, looks live ver 5.0 original cd...

This still means nothing, I get "original CDs" as part of support.
If the CD is not working or so, I just call AB and they send me
another one. Included invoice is usually ca. $1 for this.
So yeah... I have like drawer full of "original" CDs...
I'm almost about to call them just to get another nice
plastic CD cover.

:D :D :D

What would happen if someone tried to copy the master floppy activation disk and cd using windows xp? would it copy?
just woundering.

To make a Rockwell Activation Disk:

Call up your local AB distributor, and order the software.

That is the point everyone here is trying to get across to you. Anything else is copyright infringement, fraud, and/or theft.

Hey, some guy on the street just sold me a BMW for $10.
It's parked right here, but he forgot to give me the keys.

Do you guys know how I can get keys so I can drive my new car?

Sorry for the jab, it was just too easy.

Last edited: