AB 1756-L74 RSLinx Driver

blawrenz

I am using one of the new Rockwell 1756-L74 processors. The processor does not have the RS-232 port that I am used to on the older processors, it has a square USB port. Does anyone know what driver I need to utilize in RSLinx to communicate to this processor. I am using RSLinx Classic Rev. 2.57.00.14 CPR9 SR3.

Thanks,
Brad

Try to select a SmartGuard USB driver from list of available drivers, under communication-configure drivers

Thanks Val!!

FYI for anyone interested. Rockwell indicated to me that RSLinx 2.57 has an automatic USB driver that once it is plugged in it will automatically see the processor. They also referenced me to Answer ID 74768 if you have access to the Rockwell Knowledgebase.

At Tech-ED they suggested that you just plug in the USB cable and the driver automatically loads.

Edit: Man I'm slow, 2 minutes for me to type one line!