B&R 4PP420-1043-75 (or any power panel really) How to add calibration at startup?

ACURALEGENDZ

I'd like to know how to add touchscreen calibration at startup. Ive seen this done on customers machines but have been unable to figure out how to implement in my own programs.
I'm using AS 3.0.90.18

Never have messed with the calibrations but could you take a look at the templates that have the calibration button built in and reverse engineer from there?

Seems if it should only occur on first ever start up, that you would need a flag setup in the plc to retain that the screen has been calibrated. There is probably a flag built into the power panel just for that already.

Then I would think you would need to display the calibration screen if the flag is false, some how or another.

Sorry to be not so much help, but there are few here with experience with B&R. I am relatively new to them myself.

As you probably know, buttons and hotspots have different key types (set, momentary, toggle, change page, etc). Well, one of them is CalibrateTouch or something like that. Almost every B&R HMI I've done for the past 12 years has had a splash screen with a big hotspot on it somewhere that starts calibration that way.

The slightly better way to handle this is by using a spare digital input to trigger one through the VisAPI library. That keeps malicious operators from jacking up the calibration on purpose to force some down time.

The little button on the settings page of all the demos is useless. If the calibration actually goes off, it would be a pain to navigate to and press that button.

As you probably know, buttons and hotspots have different key types (set, momentary, toggle, change page, etc). Well, one of them is CalibrateTouch or something like that. Almost every B&R HMI I've done for the past 12 years has had a splash screen with a big hotspot on it somewhere that starts calibration that way.

The slightly better way to handle this is by using a spare digital input to trigger one through the VisAPI library. That keeps malicious operators from jacking up the calibration on purpose to force some down time.

The little button on the settings page of all the demos is useless. If the calibration actually goes off, it would be a pain to navigate to and press that button.

Any idea how to create that splash screen? That's exactly what I'm looking to do. I know how to add touch calibration button, and I'm sure I could figure out how to do the same with a hot spot but the splash screen is something I'm unfamiliar with. Thank you

In the Visual Components editor, if you click on the main heading in the tree (it will have the name of your HMI), then look in the properties window on the right, you can tell it which page to start on (default page) and you can also map program variables to a CurrentPage and ChangePage so you can tell in the program what page you're on and change the page.

I usually make a little HMI program that has a timer and use the output of that timer to run a little progress bar on the screen. When the timer is done, I check if you're on the splash screen still and if you are, I change the page to the main screen. Instead of waiting on the timer, you can go early if your drives have come online (DriveStatus.NetworkInitOk) and your SafePLC is online (the RemoteControl function from the AsSafety library can tell if it's in Run-Safe).

Either way, give yourself a small hot spot in the corner to exit the splash screen, then a huge hotspot over the rest to do calibration. Make sure to click the "bring to front" button with the hotspots selected so they are on top of your logo, progress bar, company service department contact info, etc.