Drive for indexing

dani90

im looking for a drive that connected with motor and incremental encoder for indexing.

i do have experience with control techniques m700 drive but the software is pain.

any recommendation?

I'd argue the Control Techniques Software is good, but the way the Firmware makes you jump through hoops to 'connect the dots' can be a pain.

If it's a single index you're looking for, it's really not that tough. The AMC can be set up strictly with Unidrive M Connect so that a digital input can initiate the Index, and even switch modes for Jog, etc. without using an outside (or the internal) PLC.

If it's small enough, use a CT Epsilon EP Indexer. Power Tools Pro is good software...

What hardware do you have?
PLC controlled or Stand alone?
Fieldbus or Hardwired?
Does the conveyor index the same distance every time?

I know every one has their favorite brand.
Mine is SEW Eurodrive.