send email through GSM modem

jim5

Hi All,

I have my mitsubishi FX 1N sending text messages through my maestro gsm modem, when a given input is pulsed.( eventually it will be when an error is flaged). I use AT commands for the modem to use the "phone number" and "message to be sent", and they are stored as ansi II strings in the PLC. Now I'm just wondering how i would send an email. I know it will be practically the same way, but im guessing that there should be an extra AT command for the email address aswell as the phone number. I was in contact with my modile service provider and the gave me a phone number for their sms to email gateway.
Hopefully someone can help me with this. Thanks very much.

Have you tried just starting the message with the email address, and sending to the email gateway number. I believe this works with some gateways. I don't have a gsm modem here at the moment to try it.

thanks, i'll try that when i get home.

im having another problem though. The first time i send a text it sends perfectly but if i try and send another it just sends a blanket message. Is it something with my addressing or delay or something else. im only a novice, So to me the logic seems fine but its just not doing it every time.
thanks

If you need to send/receive SMS messages, you don't need email. You may use the cellular modem to send SMS messages directly to any cell phone.

You may use U.C.ME-OPC alarm notification software. It is easy to use and offers good functionality. It uses OPC (or DDE) to connect to any OPC server or SCADA/HMI software that supports OPC or DDE server functionality.
Alerts may be sent via: Email, SMS, Phone(Voice), Fax, Multimedia and WAP. It may also be used to analyze your alarms and understand the root cause of the alarms.
You may also send SMS commands from your cell phone to U.C.ME-OPC to change or query tag values(analog/digital).
See www.controlsee.com . A fully functional evaluation version can be downloaded.