Quantum 140ATI03000 Thermocouple Module

blawrenz

I read a couple of threads in regards to this module and have questions about this module and since I cannot seem to find the documentation on the Modicon website I thought I would ask some questions here.

I have configured the module in the Traffic Cop for a Type E thermocouple to read in Degrees F, with no decimal place. I am using ProWORX 32 version 2.0 programming software. The input addresses for this module are set to 30010 through 30019.

1. What will I see at address 30010? (ie 0-4095 or the actual temperature value??)
2. What happens if I map address 30010 to address 40100? My assumption is that if I set the address to no decimal place in the Traffic Cop then the value in address 30010 is an integer value that can be directly mapped to address 40100, is this correct??

Thanks for the help!!
Brad L.

300010 - 1st temperature input, in degrees (123 - 123 F)
300017 - 8th temperature input, in degrees
300018 - Range warning bits
300019 - Module internal temperature

By "map address" do you mean copy the input register to a 4X register using something like the BLKM instruction? If so, then yes, the integer value in 300010 can directly map into the 400100 register.

If you set the bit for 10th's of a degree the register would look like:
1234 = 123.4 degrees. If you wanted this in floating point form in the PLC you'd need to muck about with the EMTH blocks.

I see you're using ProWORX 32 software. You might want to see if your distributor can get you a demo copy of Concept. I'm not suggesting you convert from ProWorx (well, I would suggest that, but that's not where I'm going here), but the help files in Concept are much more detailed than the ProWorx ones, and it's handy to have installed just for the help files.

Kenschunk,

Thanks for the feedback! Yes I will be doing a BLKM to the 4x register as those are the registers that the DCS system will be looking at.

As far as the software, I would like to use Concept but this is customer supplied software and they do not want to go to Concept at this time. It has not been too much of an issue so far as the systems that I am working on are pretty simple. I have been very frustrated with the Modicon website as it is very difficult to find information that is helpful, I have had much better luck with AB's website but that maybe because I am more familiar with AB equipment.

Thanks again that information was exactly what I was looking for!
Brad