S7 1200 IO comments

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know if there is a way to show an IO point comment in a S7-1200 program? It only allows you to show absolue, symbolic or both. There is a button on the tool bar named "Free Form Comments ON/OFF" but it doesn't appear to do anything.

In the 300 series above the IO point it can show the absolute address, symbolic address and comment.

And in the 200 series even though it wouldn't show you above the IO point it would have a chart underneith the network with Asolute address, symbolic address, and comment.

Any help is greatly appreciated

The Free Form Comments work on "output" type instructions...ie coils, timers (not contacts)
I only see comments on instructions when I "hover" over them.

TIA1200comments.jpg

I saw what you were speaking of and thought it would come in hand for a FC or FB call, but if there are multiple calls the comment only stays with the 1 you attach it too. I guess it could have it's uses.
The whole no comment thing angers me. Seems like alot of the good/helpful features of the 300's and 200's are missing. And they changed all of my hotkeys :(

oh well.