Search array Siemens S7-1500

BNA

Hi

I am stuck in trying to get my code search an array and retur an index number.

So, I have an array from 0 to 254 created from an UDT where I have a timer SP, a Timer ET, a scale of the timer and a manufactor item number like this.

Timer[0]
Timer_SP (DINT)
Timer_ET (DINT)
Scale (INT)
Item_NO (DINT)

Timer[1] And so on

What I am trying, is to make a small piece of SCL code that allows me to search my array for the item number and return the place number i my array (The value in []).

This is what I got so far:

FOR #Index := 0 TO 255 DO;
IF Array_DB.TIMER[#Index].Item_NO = #Value_to Search
THEN EXIT;
END_IF;
END_FOR;

Any suggestions

Best Regards
Brian

Hi Garry

Thank you for your reply, but it is not excactly what I am looking for, it is the other way around. I want to search a specific number i my array and return the matching number, if that makes sense.

So if I for example search for item_no XXXX and find a match, it should retur for example Timer[0]

/Brian

Hi L D[AR2,P#0.0]

Thank you for the reply and thanks for testing.

It is a bit strange it is not working here, but at least I know the code is working so there must be a reference error somewhere.

I will start a search :)

/Brian

Hi L D[AR2,P#0.0]

Thank you for the reply and thanks for testing.

It is a bit strange it is not working here, but at least I know the code is working so there must be a reference error somewhere.

I will start a search :)

/Brian

Problem solved: I had put 0 TO 255 in my array but the actual array were 0 TO 254

Problem solved: I had put 0 TO 255 in my array but the actual array were 0 TO 254

I'm always amazed at the places those sorts of errors can sneak in.

I was upgrading some code a few months back where I thought it wasn't starting because of all these array bound errors I was finding every time i ran the code. It turns out that I was missing some config value that prevented the loops from ever getting high enough to notice that they didn't match, so the code had been "wrong" for the last 10 years at least, but ran just fine.