Help with SLC500

sparkytex

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Guys,

I'm trying to get online with a SLC 500. I've never had issues going online with it before with the current program but now it keeps giving me the same message when I open up the program and click go online, or even if i try to use system comms and upload.

file name "PLC31001_10_05_2018"

The same message appeares as follows:

Filename: No matching file found
Select file to merge for documentation (names, symbols, descriptions, etc)
Processor Name: 31001

It gives me the option to:
Cancel
Create new file
Browse

I'm afraid to create new file as I'm always weary creating or downloading anything new.

Any help getting online with this processor with this program is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- Tex

I had a Mechanic in one of the plants I used to service learning PLC and unknown to anyone he changed the processor name on everything he could get on line with from the OEM name to their machine name drove me nuts until I figured out why I had no merge file. I had to change them all back, luckily he was no longer there, unlucky for where ever he went!

I had a Mechanic in one of the plants I used to service learning PLC and unknown to anyone he changed the processor name on everything he could get on line with from the OEM name to their machine name drove me nuts until I figured out why I had no merge file. I had to change them all back, luckily he was no longer there, unlucky for where ever he went!

LOL... I did that before, wait maybe that was ME :D , oh never mind I changed them back myself after I realised what I did, I ended up making a cheat sheet and hanging it on the wall, it was on a DH+ network with 15 nodes and it was a pain to try and figure out what one was the one you needed