vmware

RY_Guthrie

I created a virtual machine in vmware and everything works great accept for RS-logix 5000, it says the activation failed. ftlogon logoff says its connected but activation manager does not see the lic files. I have tried restarting the server, refreshing the activation's with no luck. Any idea what I am doing wrong? One thing I have not got figured out is the wifi connection on the virtual machine, could it have to have a internet connection?

the activations have to be installed on the same machine as the RXLogix 5000 software or on in your case the VM machine or on a dongle that the VM machine can access
there is USB driver you need to download and install on the VM machine to read the activations. Check with Rockwell support they can help you

I setup a network connection that is for vm/host only. Then I install activation manger on the host and install my licenses there. In the VMs I then point to the host IP address and can see the licenses.

As the wifi connection goes I recommend NAT for your ethernet connection, bridge can work but usually doesn't.