GE FANUC 90-30 Model 364 Comm. Problems

RussB said:
Good idea, or maybe try the Temporary IP utility in Proficy ME in the Navigator Window, Utility Tab. Also check that your NIC is not set for 100T only (the CPU364 is 10T only) and use a known good cross-over network cable, I have had trouble with some "Auto-detect" PC NICs with this CPU.

That would work too but I think he said he was using Versapro.

As for the auto-detect, I never trust those, they don't seem to work 100% of the time.

Last edited:
OOPS, missed that.
Check the Util directory of the VersaPro Install CD the Temporary IP utility may be there. I do not have the CD here, but will check next time I get close to one.

Just a quick question, I'm sure I managed to connect using Logicsmaster 90 via serial, could see the PLC IO bit status, but would prefer to use VersaPro. I have not yet figured out how the Ethernet config is done within Logicsmaster 90 and unfortunately have no info of the configured IP address for the CPU 364. I'm unable to use the same cable and connect with VersaPro that I connect with using Logicsmaster 90. I'm busy reading GFK-0466L and there is mention details in Publication GFK-1541 of CPU364 TCP/IP comms

Bom dia!
Pessoal estou com duas CPU331 FANUC 90 30, configurei as duas via cabo serial, coloquei um IP e quando vou conectar ponto a ponto via cabo Ethernet os mesmos não comunica. Pelo prompt cmd através do ping, os mesmos pingam e não ficam online através do software proficy machine.
Fiz todos testes e não encontrei a causa.
Suspeitei do firmware ou as CPU.
Porém para atualizar o firmware eu não tenho o software.
Alguém tem o WINLOADER FIRMWARE UTILITY?
O firmware 8.20?

Translation from Google Translate
Good morning!
Guys, I have two CPU331 FANUC 90 30, I configured them both via serial cable, I put an IP and when I connect point to point via Ethernet cable they don't communicate. Through the cmd prompt through ping, they ping and are not online through the proficy machine software.
I did all the tests and didn't find the cause.
I suspected the firmware or the CPU.
However, to update the firmware I don't have the software.
Does anyone have WINLOADER FIRMWARE UTILITY?
Firmware 8.20?

The CPU331 does not have an ethernet port, so you must be using an IC693CMM321 ethernet module. The firmware for the CPU331 is an EPROM chip. To upgrade you need to replace the chip.

The part numbers for the CPU and ethernet modules will have the form, IC693CPU311-XX and IC693CMM321-YY. If you can provide the 'XX' and 'YY' of the part number for both modules, I can check compatibility.

Muito obrigado pela reposta.
Eu utilizei o módulo de interface CMM321, porém não conecta com o proficy machine. Porém através do CMD do Windows ele pinga com o IP que foi configurado via cabo serial.
Nós temos uma outra CPU331 rodando, firmware 8.20, foi o programa dela que foi descarregado nessa que não comunica. O firmware da CPU que não comunica é 8.0.
Pode ser o problema na diferença de firmware?
Vou olhar o código dos chips e postar aqui.

Thank you very much for the reply.
I used the CMM321 interface module, but it does not connect with the Proficy machine. However, through Windows CMD it pings with the IP that was configured via serial cable.
We have another CPU331 running, firmware 8.20, it was its program that was downloaded onto this one and it doesn't communicate. The CPU firmware that does not communicate is 8.0.
Could the problem be due to the firmware difference?
I'll look at the chip code and post it here.
If I remember correctly there were two iterations of the CMM321. The earliest versions
had an AAUI interface and required an adapter to connect an RJ45 cable. Later versions had the RJ45 port. I remember having problems with an AAUI adapter because the driver for it was not compatible with anything newer than XP.
My documentation claims the CMM321 is compatible with CPU versions starting at 6.5, so that should not be the issue. Can you attach your project file? I'll look to see if anything looks amiss. Nothing newer than Proficy version 9.5 please.