Team viewer help

stu

Hi guys I have been told to use team viewer to connect to a plc off site ? I have downloaded the software onto the laptop and tested using my phone the laptop was on WiFi and my phone was 4g which I can control every thing but now is the issue if I plug the lan into the plc I loose WiFi connection how can I use both ??
I hope you can help
Thanks stu

I think that is going to be a problem specific to your laptop. Is the LAN connection in the same network as the wifi? Is the LAN set up for DHCP?

Is the LAN set for Static or DHCP? I don't think it matters as long as the LAN and Wifi are not getting set to the same network. The next step I would take is to exercise some Google Fu on your problem with the specifics of your laptop (make/model/year)...

From Google

1. Open Network and Sharing Centre.
  2. Go to change Adapter Settings.
  3. Goto properties of Local Area Network.
  4. Click on Internet Protocol version 4 and go to it's properties.
  5. Click on Advanced
  6. You will see a block checked there by the name of "Automatic Metric".
  7. Uncheck it and then enter 2 in that section.
  8. Now, Do the same for the wireless network but enter 1.
Save the setting and you'll be able to use wifi even when your ethernet cable is connected to the LAN.

Give feedback if it works

Funny thing is it's a Hp laptop , I have done some Google -Fu and mfound that is may work ,im going to try tomorrow thanks ,I think is press F10 on the start up will get me into the bios?