You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 7th, 2017, 02:04 PM   #1
jkerekes
United States

Dynamically Change ControlLogix Produce/Consume Tag Properties

I usually make a master program that I then use on different processes where the only difference is vessel sizes and setpoint ranges. I have the program look at the IP address of one of its EN2T modules to determine which process its running.

I then have to manually modify the master copy to change certain thing before downloading, such as the processor name and change the consumed processor IP addresses There's no way to programmably change the processor name though. Can I change the Consumed tag IP address in the I/O tree programmably?
Old December 8th, 2017, 08:17 PM   #2
jkerekes
United States

No one?
Old December 10th, 2017, 05:20 PM   #3
ASF
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

I don't believe you can. You can programatically inhibit and un-inhibit ethernet modules - is it a possibility to program in both devices IP's and then just inhibit whichever one you're not running?
Old December 10th, 2017, 08:20 PM   #4
VAN
United States

What about having both/all pulled into the PLC and just call the routine needed to map to the correct produce/consumed tags?

OR are you actually removing IP addresses and putting on other IP addresses? (I guess what is the physical process?)
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum