Seeking a more reliable reading

RobertB

Hi, all.
I have a ML 1400 ser A, using a 1762-IF4 analog input card.
I am using the -10 to +10v setting on I:1.0
When the analog sensor takes a process measurement, it sometimes reads low. I've entered some extra logic to track and catch 4 measurements in 1 second.
During the measurement, nothing physically changes, but sometimes the 4 readings are slightly different.
Is this just the limitations of the IF4 card? My readings are set to refresh at 130ms.
Any advise would be appreciated.

The bad reading is usually 5%less. The sensor cable is NOT shielded, but there is only 120V nearby....and that is almost 2 feet away from the sensor or the cable.

Is there any way your sensor can be configured to output a 4-20ma signal? Direct voltage readings can be quite sensitive.

Hey, Madison, WI! Tomah, WI here!
I believe there is a way to "damn-up" the electrons by using a resistor to convert a 4-20mA into a 0-10volt signal...... But, I don't know of a way to do it vise-versa.

Hey, Madison, WI! Tomah, WI here!
I believe there is a way to "damn-up" the electrons by using a resistor to convert a 4-20mA into a 0-10volt signal...... But, I don't know of a way to do it vise-versa.

Before I went through the trouble of trying to convert, I would start with swapping the cable out for a shielded one. How long is the current cable you're using?