rslogix 500 program help

stu

Hi guys
I have a machine that works fine, but today we had an issue where the operator speeds the line up to 20cpm the feeder but didnt adjust the press settings to keep in sequence ? Which stops the line ?
Cut a long story short we have a little window to get the the cycle done on 20 cycle
The cycle is a prover drops the product into a stamper -which per presses the belt moves the product to a press and then presses the product flat for a set time - the press goes up and advances the belt that is a cycle
What I thought would be nice is to see how long that sequence takes from pre press to final discharge? On each cycle, is there any
thing hard about this ? Or is it as simple as per press starts the timer and discharge stops it?

I don't have rslogix500 handy now but you can do it like this:
If Pre_press true latch start_timer
If final_disharge true move accumalted timer value to cycle_time
Reset timer
Unlatch start_timer

Last edited:
I think that would be fine. I would use a retentive timer to hold value. Parallel the timer timing bit if start press cycle does not stay true for the complete cycle and use XIO of Start Discharge to stop timing. If this is just a temporary thing to see cycle time then no need to capture and move to storage. You can manually reset the timer if you want to see more than one cycle.

I have a routine I used on a framing machine. 4 rungs. Maybe it will help. I mostly created it because the customer wanted an average time per cycle. The cycle is "bullpin to bullpin"
and you could take out some of the averaging logic. It's in studio 5000 v.30. If you still would like to look at it, let me know how to attach it to these replies. Haven't done that yet. Good luck.

If you still would like to look at it, let me know how to attach it to these replies. Haven't done that yet. Good luck.

ZIP the file you want to attach then, click reply... then you will see a button ((Attach Files)) click on that button, it will open a new window, there you will select the file (s) and upload, once done close that window and then click ((Submit Reply))

Then you should be done and anyone can open your zip to see your file

You can also do a screenshot if its something small

ZIP the file you want to attach then, click reply... then you will see a button ((Attach Files)) click on that button, it will open a new window, there you will select the file (s) and upload, once done close that window and then click ((Submit Reply))

Then you should be done and anyone can open your zip to see your file

You can also do a screenshot if its something small
Thanks, I'll give it a try

Yeah send the file it would be interesting to see thanks stu
Stu
If you can see this routine, remember I had to average times for the customer, so you can probably just see what it would take to just get one time per cycle. The part goes into a tool called a bullpin squeezer, so when it enters and exits is the cycle time. If you can't see this, let me know in an email. Thanks, I'm new to this forum and I would really like to help someone someday.

Sounds like a job for AdvancedHMI.

I just created a short program that allowed me to run a tester in auto and it sends the results to my AdHMI program where I write the results to a file. Took about an hour to write.

Sorry saultgeorge only just seen your reply thanks ?
I have had a go at this today and when the press counts 2 on the pre press I’ve latched a bit to starts a timer and then and then unlatched bit and resets the timer
But here is where I’m confused is I wanted to display the final cycle time on the screen how can I do this ?
I’ve attached the program so far ?

8D460ED8-A225-4C90-B306-CB3CDC541C47.jpg

I have added another picture due to the poor quality.
Any ideas on how to get the valve displayed or is this the best practice
I stuck :-(
Thanks

6396EAB2-F54B-496E-8CE3-6CA397055FE8.jpg