Display a Data Log on HMI Screen - Siemens TIA Portal

LB90

Hi all,

I'm using Siemens TIA Portal V13 SP1 Update7.

I have a requirement where the Administrator wants to be able to view the 'recent usage history' of the software.

Essentially I have 4 buttons on a HMI screen which I've connected to DB addresses. These are the tags I need to log.

In 'Historical Data' I've set up a data log called Recent Usage History and added the 4 DB tags to the 'Logging tags' area, which are acquired 'on demand'.

On press of the button, I've set an event of LogTag to the relevant DB address.

Is it possible to display these events in some sort of grid/table on an HMI screen?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
LB

You can display datalogs as a trend the same way would would live data.

Thanks for the reply travispedley.

How would I do this? Should I use the 'Trend view' under controls in the Toolbox?

Would this just display the tag(s) defined in the log and the process value of those tags?

Thanks

You create a trend view from the toolbox.

Then in the trend properties under the trend page, it allows you to select the trend type. This can be from a data log, and you can then select the data log tag you want.

Set up the rest of the trend configuration as required, and you are good to go.

You create a trend view from the toolbox.

Then in the trend properties under the trend page, it allows you to select the trend type. This can be from a data log, and you can then select the data log tag you want.

Set up the rest of the trend configuration as required, and you are good to go.

Chris is correct. I'm attaching a screenshot of where you change the trend from realtime to datalog. Good luck.

trend.jpg

Thank you both, I've just configured this on my project but I may have misled you by trying to be pro-active in finding my own solution, as to what it is I actually need.

I don't think I can use a trend/datalog as I want to display some text with a date and time, in a neat looking table (similar to an Alarm View) on operation of a HMI pushbutton.

I've tried to display this in an Alarm View, but when I reset the bit associated with the pushbutton, I get another 'event' in my table saying that the operation has been actioned again. I think this is because I'm trying to use an alarm view for something that isn't alarm, it's more like an event.

Basically I need a new table entry every time a pushbutton is hit. So effectively only when my 'bits' are set to 1.

I'd be grateful for any pointers if possible.

Thanks all,
LB

Sounds like an alarm log is what you want, so you're headed down the right path. It looks like the alarm log will capture the 3 states of the alarm and log each entry. Incoming (Fault active), Ack, and Outgoing (Fault Cleared). You may be able to setup your alarm display window to filter out the Ack and Outgoing events. I've never done it, so i don't have much else to give you for guidance. Good luck.