FTView ME unsupported communications protocol

KingPresident

First time I've encountered this; a fellow controls guy here compiled the project into a .mer and downloaded the project. The panelview plus 7 challenged with a communications driver error. It prompted me with a 'Load anyway?' yes/no screen. I pressed 'no', and it kicked me out to the terminal menu. I reset the terminal and it again had the comms driver error. This time I pressed 'yes' just to see what would happen, and the project loaded and works just fine. I'm ok with the fact that it works, but not ok that I didn't solve the actual problem. Does anyone have an Idea? I confirmed setting in RSLinx Enterprise, and the Communications tab.

Would upgrading the firmware be the thing to do? Thanks.

It's probably telling you that there's a CPU in the comms schema that's not supported by the firmware on the terminal.

It works when you bypass the warning because the newer CPU doesn't have any comms-specific features that are incompatible.

To get rid of the error, I agree that upgrading the PV+ terminal firmware is the right approach.