In Search of a Keyboard

Steve Etter

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I'm looking for an industrial keyboard that I can surface-mount in an Operator's Enclosure. It should be heavy duty and connect via a USB cable.

Anybody have experience with a particular make/model of such a beast?

Thanks.
Steve

When I've had to provide a panel-mount keyboard, I've gone with these monsters from Hope Industrial Products:

http://www.hopeindustrial.com/panel_mount_keyboards.htm

In general I prefer to weatherproof the USB plug or cable, and use an all-but-disposable office grade or keyboard.

I don't like the flexible "Virtually Indestructible keyboard" and it looks like Logitech has discontinued their "washable" K310 keyboard.

I put a K310 on a shelf in a filthy, grit-showered machine tool application and it's still going strong a couple years later.