Set bit in FactoryTalk View Studio

boneless

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all,

On a rare occasion I am programming a PV1000, in FV Studio Machine Edition 7. I want to SET a bit with one button and reset it with the other. Seems easy enough.. But how do I do it?

My 2c...

Do that in the PLC. On every PVP I program, every single button is a "set" button. In the PLC, as when the bit is set, I unlatch it immediately and then turn on a separate bit in the PLC for one scan to do what I want the button to do. There are a lot of reasons for this which I can go into if you want, but ultimately I've found it to be by far the most robust and reliable way.
Code:
|  HMI_PB_Start     HMI_PB_Start
|------| |-------+-----( U )-|
|                |
|                |  HMI_Cmd_Start
|                +-----(   )-|
You don't use the "HMI_PB_Start" tag anywhere but on this one rung. Everywhere else, you use the HMI_Cmd_Start tag. So in your case, you'd set up two "set" buttons, and two rungs like the one above. Then you'd use the first one to OTL the bit you ultimately want to manipulate, and the second one to OTU the bit.

But, to answer your question directly, the neatest way to do exactly what you're after is to use two macro buttons. Write one macro to set the bit to 1, and one to set the bit to 0.

Hi all,

On a rare occasion I am programming a PV1000, in FV Studio Machine Edition 7. I want to SET a bit with one button and reset it with the other. Seems easy enough.. But how do I do it?

The interlock push button will write a value to a tag. Set 1 button to 1 and the other to 0.

Interlock Push button it is! Thank you!

I am replacing a Beijer E1071 panel on a vessel currently fishing around Dutch Harbor, so trying to do it without changing any of my PLC code.

Thanks all!