WinCC keyboard and remote connection

aikona

Hi

This is amultiple question problem

Problem started after a onboard keyboard problem

This pc is a touchscreen PC 577B and if a user has to use the on screen keyboard to for instance change user level in wincc then the keyboard only works on the first use , the second time around the keyboard does not appear.This link did not solve the problem

as a side effect ....Got funny problem when using VNC to goto a PC running a WinCC project

The project is allways fullscreen with CTRL keys disabled , After logging in as an 'admin' user ( in the wincc project) I can then ,using the 'send ctrl-alt-delete' function from vnc ,call the taskmanager and get access to the rest of the PC software .

The problem is that suddenly the keyboard does not function properly anymore .For some reason the "Alt Gr" key seem to be pushed in .
How do I unblock this key or get rid of it ?

btw : were using win XP sp2 , dutch keyboard .and no,I cannot use another software ( vnc) to connect via remote unless somebody knows a solution to my third problem

Third problem is connecting via remote desktop to a wincc PC . Actualy the problem is after I disconnect.When you disconnect , the window loggon screen appears and the operator has to loggon again which is no good because due to user rights ( required for wincc) the operator does not know the password for that user.When the PC starts up there is an autologgon .

Is there a way to do a autologgon after disconnecting via remote desktop.

Greetings

Eric

Hi

Problem started after a onboard keyboard problem

.This link did not solve the problem

Eric

Hi Eric,

The OP of the link above is my colleage Mark_T, we both experienced the same problems with WinCC V6.2 on separate projects. Mark tested the hotfix in the office and it seemed to work OK but has never deployed it in the field due to lack of time. The login method that we have both implemented is a screen where you enter username and password into input boxes then press a button to execute some code that logs you in.

Code:
#include "apdefap.h"
void OnClick(char* lpszPictureName, char* lpszObjectName, char* lpszPropertyName)
{
// WINCC:TAGNAME_SECTION_START
// syntax: #define TagNameInAction "DMTagName"
// next TagID : 1
// WINCC:TAGNAME_SECTION_END
#pragma code ("useadmin.dll")
#include "PWRT_api.h"
#pragma code()
//PWRTLogin('c');
LPTSTR pLogin = GetTagChar("User"); //Login assignment value from variable
LPTSTR pPassword = GetTagChar("PassWord");
PWRTSilentLogin(pLogin,pPassword);
// WINCC:PICNAME_SECTION_START
// syntax: #define PicNameInAction "PictureName"
// next PicID : 1
// WINCC:PICNAME_SECTION_END
}

Another problem that I experienced with my last project was with the Windows Data/Time control panel applet; it kept dissapearing into the background after a few seconds. The only work around I found for this was to open up the whole control panel instead to alllow a user to set the date and time on the system.

My next project is in WinnCC 7 Asia edition and must be in Chinese - great adventures await I fear.

Maybe someone else can help with the VNC issues. I thought that is you forced a logoff it would go through the autologon process again?

Good Luck,

Nick

Hi

Are we talking about a Hotfix/patch after SP2 or before because I cannot find an HF after SP2.

As for the side effects of VNC .... found out that realVNC V4 gives keyboard problems,that realVNC V 3.3 is ok but very slow , same with Tight VNC which Siemens is using as a base in their smart server and client.

As for the side effects using Remote Desktop .... we found a 'cure' :If you make a batch file with 'tscon.exe 0 /dest:console ' inside and run it the the remote desktop disconnects and the original user on the PC is active again.

Greetings

Eric

Hi Eric,

I'm not in the office this morning so I can't ask Mark but I believe that the Hotfix3 referred to was not officially released but if you speak to Tech Support they should be able to send it to you.

Nick