Help need putting alarms on a factorytalk view via a rslogix 5000

stu

Hi all
I have a compact logix plc with a program and a panelview plus Me hmi with a program ,all work ok but I have noticed that there is no alarms on the screen ?? I have only done alarm tags with micrologix and pvp using a word ect ,How do I get the alarm tag names from 5000 to pvp or do I have to rewrite the plc program thanks stu

You need to create alarm triggers in the Alarm Setup and create messages based on those triggers, whether they be a bit, bit offset, or analog value.
The help file included is very useful.

Hi,

It's really very similar to using Logix500, but you can obviously create your own INT or DINT tag names to handle your alarms. Then, as Phuz mentioned above, create your alarm triggers and messages in the usual way.

See screen shots attached

Regards,

Rob

FTV ME Alm#1.png FTV ME Alm#2.png FTV ME Alm#3.jpg

Thanks guy , it looks like I will have to create a array of alarm triggers in the plc and on hmi . Thanks again , hope u have had a great Xmas and enjoy the new year

Stu,

You don't need to create an array. The screenshots were just examples of one method. You could just create a single INT (or DINT) and have 16 (or 32) alarm messages to suit your application. You can create as many separate alarm triggers as you wish. We tend to use the array method as it lends itself better to how we have the PLC tags set up.

Regards,

Rob

Hi,

It's really very similar to using Logix500, but you can obviously create your own INT or DINT tag names to handle your alarms. Then, as Phuz mentioned above, create your alarm triggers and messages in the usual way.

See screen shots attached

Regards,

Rob
Hi I final got back to this screen and have noticed that the tag name has a ,L25 after it could someone explain why thanks stu

Hi,

The L25 refers to the Length of the array - e.g. L25 would be 25 x DINT (or INT if your alarms are setup that way)

Regards,

Rob

hi KidBlue
the machine im working on has no alarms at all (not very helpful) what I have done ive created alarm bits array I think 0 -63 (BOOL) does this still work the same , put the trigger as{[PLC]ALARM_BIT,L63} ? Thanks stu

hi guys
I am still finding it hard to get the alarms to work, I have tried it with a single bit and I get an active alarm ok but when I try to do it as a array it doesn't work ,I have attached a couple of pictures , the alarm array is 64 bits ? im abit stuck now ,looking for a push in the right direction .thanks stu

PVP ALARM.JPG ALARM PLC.jpg

A BOOL Array would require 64 triggers. The trigger type would be: ( Value ) This is setup under the Trigger Tab in Alarm Setup.

A DINT Array would require 2 triggers. The trigger type would be: ( Bit ) This is also is setup under the Trigger Tab in Alarm Setup.

The Message Tab in Alarm Setup would be This:
BOOL Array = Select 1 of your 64 triggers. Under the trigger Value Column put alarm value ( 1 or 0 ) Then enter alarm message to display.

A DINT Array = Select 1 of your 2 triggers. Under the trigger Value Column put the DINT bit number + 1 . Then enter alarm message to display.