RSLogix 5000 and FactoryTalk View Studio Question

Please understand, I'm not being critical, but for a programmer (other than the author) to come up and understand what the program is doing requires that tags and rungs be annotated (descriptions filled).

- Simplify the rungs. In my opinion, there can't be too many rungs. And put a comment in the rung comment describing what the rung is doing, even if its a simple sentence. It helps someone like me, a virgin to the code; KISS method is best.

- I always use timer done bits to drive new tags (unless they are used in the same rung as the timer). In the tag comment, describe what the tag represents.

It may seem like a lot of unnecessary work, but programmers and/or electricians that have to maintain the code later will thank you.

alright. I understand. i will make the changes and add the comments to the north and east so that you see what i am trying to explain

I am not sure if I used the compare function correctly. I was attempting to make it so that after the car passes through the light, when i activate the car, then it will reset back to 0.

0---> no car
1---> car on standby
2---> car goes

All the Sources in the Mov Function are just tags that i created to transport the value that i wanted from 0-2 to go inside the destination which was the next tags. the destination tags went to the factorytalkview studio. they didnt serve any other purpose in my code

Last edited: