Running View.exe in iFIX 5.9

DHoward

I have a system to upgrade (Proficy iFIX v5.5 to 5.9) The graphics are not .grf files and are apparently opened using view.exe. Where can you get info on this older executable and download it so it can be executed in the startup tasks?

Thanks in advance for any advice

view.exe is part of Fix32, I don't recall it being present w/ the newer iFix systems at all. I presume your graphics files are .odf then?

View.exe was available until iFIX 5.5 as part of FIX Desktop option for iFIX, that allowed to run old FIX32 pictures on iFIX without having to upgrade then. Since iFIX 5.8 it is not supported anymore (http://help.geautomation.com/iFIX58/Subsystems/CM/content/cm_fix_desktop_folder.htm).
You can use the Migration Toolkit to upgrade the pictures to iFIX grf file (it's available on the iFIX installation DVD at ":\Setup\GE\MigrationTools". It's not just click and convert, but it's easier than redraw the pictures.