Connected Components Workbench issue

Hello,

I have recently installed Connected Components Workbench V9 from rockwell website but I have a problem with simulation mode, I couldn't find where it is located. I checked all toolbar but in vain. Please, does anyone have an idea about that.

Thank you.

I'm assuming you are wanting to "Debug" your program?

I know of no "Simulation" you can however download your program to the device and test your program in "Debug" to make sure you get the results you are wanting with all of the functions/conditions you have in your program.

Good Luck

I'm assuming you are wanting to "Debug" your program?

I know of no "Simulation" you can however download your program to the device and test your program in "Debug" to make sure you get the results you are wanting with all of the functions/conditions you have in your program.

Good Luck

in fact, I am waiting for the micro 800 to arrive. I found what is going false: I have installed standard edition which doesn't have simulation mode. There is a developer edition which allows the simulation.

I am torn here...

.....My mom told me "If you can't say something nice, keep quiet"
.....My dad told me "The squeaky wheel gets the grease"

Dad wins this one. Rockwell, please abandon micro/nano market, or fix the CCW.

We build industrial machines in all scales, from Control Logic Safety Controllers with hundreds of distributed I/O, to medium sized Compact logic jobs with tens of I/O, to Micro/Nano jobs.

We have a few Micro 810, and Micro 820 jobs on the floor now.

Several of our seasoned controls engineers have been brought to tears trying to eek the simplest functionality out of these Micros. And CCW does NOT work well in our corporate PC laptops. We have to run CCW in an "off-network" laptop to work with CCW without lock-UPS, and lost productivity.

Not a rant, just my observation of the situations at hand.

Can't deny that the hardware cost is attractive, and once the 810/820 is running, they are deterministic, and robust.

Have dabbled in CCW since rev 1, Now rev 9.

We hope Rev 10 gets it.

Thank You

If we're going to express our opinion, then here's mine.

I have use several of the micro810 and micro820 from Allen Bradley, have done all programming with CCW version 8 or 9.

I have found them to be easy to program, work as they should, and the help in CCW is straight forward and easy to understand.

What I have also found is if your use to RSLogix500 or 5000 it is very different and does not follow the same general mind-set. How even if you take the time to read - it does not take long to get into the flow of the difference's.

I enjoy working the Micro800 and CCW.

This is just my opinion!!

Currently using CCWv9 to program a PanelView800. The VB interface is somewhat similar to AdvancedHMI. I wish it were easier to import tags from a RS500 PLC program (MLX). I also wish there were more features to incorporate into the "animation" of the project. The panel itself has good specifications as far as color/resolution is concerned. Trying to build a panel with some of the same functionality as standard panelview is problematic at best.

I can give it a decent grade as well.
I recently completed my first project with it. With a work around or two of course to compensate for functionality I had originally planned for that does not exist within the Micro, at least the 820 stuff.
I find it a little crazy with all the windows and the VBA structure but it is easy to use as long as you are simply keeping it simple and small.
If you are trying to do something more than very basic, save your sanity and buy the logix level platform instead.
My two cents worth!

I have been using the Maple System HIM and I must say, I am very impressed with the looks and feel of this very affordable screen.

The micro820 & micro850 is all Ethernet tag based.