RSLOGIX 5000 Connection to PLC Via DH+

Alan64

Hello,
I've trouble trying to connect to a ControlLogix processor using a DH+ Link (I use PCMCK Card).
A DHRIO Card is in the local chassis and processor on slot 0.
I Connect my DH+ Cable to DHRIO CARD (station number is set to 10) ,browse the target processor in order to get the Path and as soon as I clic on Go Online I get ' No connection to that processor' message .
I did check the cabling and so on : all OK
As I can see the processor using RSLinx I think that the cabling is good.
Same problem if define the DH+ path as project path.

By another hand I can access the processor using Ethernet card (on same chassis).
It seems like the project can only be used online with Ethernet connection .
I've noted that the project name (the RSLogix PC file) is not same as project name in the Processor .
Is there someone that could help ?

Regards. Alan

Alan:

I seem to remember having a similar problem. The DHRIO card had a newer firmware and I needed to upgrade RSLinx before it would recognize it. The other option was I could have updated the EDS files on computer to recognize the newer firmware on this card. Check the firmware on card and see if it is compatible with your version of RSLinx.

Kim

DHRIO card is Series D , Firmware is 6.2
RsLinx version 2.43.01.23
RSLinx reconizes the card and, card definition in RSLogix 5000 Projects matches.
I had a look at the card properties (from RsLinx) and found no routing table and processor slot set to 0 .
Nothing special I think.
The exact text of the error message when trying to go on line is :
"Failed to go with the controler . No open connection"
Error : 701-8004250A
I'll try to update the DHRIO EDS to see.

Hello,

Is there any update on this issue since currently I am experiencing the same 'Error Message' as Alan?

"Failed to go with the controller . No open connection"
Error : 701-8004250A