L32E Ethernet port fault

rocksalt

I am trying to address an issue with a L32E faulting the ethernet port when connected to the companies VLAN.
I have a PLC network connected to a 5 port switch that is working properly. When I connect a CISCO switch to my ethernet switch it faults out the ethernet port on the PLC. All IP's are static on the PLC network.

There are many CISCO switches in the plant that are specific port configured for the PLC network's subnet and work fine.

The CISCO switch's port has been configurd for the PLC network and works for a period of time. It may be 2 minutes or 15 minutes after which faults the L32E's ethernet port. I must then remove the cable from the PLC and plug it back in to restore the connection.

I have not tried to serial connect to see what the fault is and I will on Monday. Just sending out a feeler to see if this rings any bells.

Rings a bell

We had a Compact Logic have the Ethernet Port lock up after various periods of time. Only a power cycle would recover.

Using port diagnostics, we could see FCS errors ratcheting up.

We later discovered that the port configuration for Auto-Negotiate Speed and Duplex had been inadvertently un-unchecked.

Once the configuration was changed... FCS errors non-existent, and problem resolved.

I forwarded the documents to IT to modify the Cisco switches. Problem still existed. Changed firmware from version 17 to 19 and the problem is gone.