Suspect Dead 1756-L61S

collinsd70

Hi All,

I have been working on a home rig that has a 1756-L61S and the relevant safety partner.

Have owned for a long time and never had any problems until today.

I have powered up and everything was working okay and had a program loaded.

Came back to the rig around 20 mins ago and found no lights on the CPU (not even an illuminated OK light). Safety partner still shows a green OK.

Have tried in another rack, same issue. Tried another CPU in the chassis- works okay, so looks like a module problem.

Anyone know if there is a hard reset on these cards? or anything else to check?

***UPDATE***

Left in the rack for 10minutes and the CPU is operational again, has anyone else seen similar behaviour before?

Bent/Corroded/Broken pins? Not seated in properly and just had an issue today?

yeah first time today. checked all the pins previously- all fine.

still working at the time of writing this so looks to be okay now.

thanks to everyone for their comments.